Saturday, April 5, 2008

Historical Truth.

The apparent rise in temperature over the past decade is giving us the scare that is needed for us to have a healthier environment. All around me, I've been noticing advertisements with environmentally charged statements or even, just a very pronounced usage of the color green. It may just be a tactic of the media to capitalize on the people's growing interest on saving our planet, which, isn't as horrible as capitalizing on our thirst for things like sex, violence, etc. At least now there's a noble cause behind the shady workings of our media.

I wondered if my observations were correct and turned to yahoo by searching "green advertising," here's an article in the New York Times I found very interesting: Now Looking Green Is Looking Good

As far as my trip to the museum, it was full of fun and adventure. As life always is when you're in a museum you haven't been to since you was 10 years old tends to be. Me and my friend found various evidence on the effect of greenhouse gasses on our climate. As far as I knew or thought of greenhouse gases, they were a controlling factor in our planet’s climate. Four natural examples of greenhouse gases include water vapor, carbon dioxide, the ozone and methane. The graph that displayed our temperature increasing as the amount of carbon dioxide in the air does. With technological advancements bring higher concentrations of greenhouse gases which increase our global warming potential.

In relation to the movie An Inconvenient Truth, I found the museum much less interesting and captivating of my attention. It gave information but didn’t have the warning effect of Al Gore’s presentation.

As a whole experience thus far, containing what I’ve learned from the media we’ve been researching, I find that it all ties together in the sense that the truth is always available but it’s how we use it or if we use it at that makes us who we are. In Allegory of the Cave, the enlightened one uses his knowledge to his advantage and to not be stuck in ignorance. The Matrix, Neo accepts the same journey and in An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore can be seen as our Neo, seeking the truth to wake the sleeping world.

No comments: