Monday, May 12, 2008

S.O.S. (Week 8 Blog)


"Randomness is very hard to achieve.

Organization always murders back if you don't pay attention.

-Death to Organization."

This quote is from one of my favorite movies, The Science of Sleep. In this story of a dreamland, Stéphane battles with his ability to distinguish reality from his hallucinations. Written as well as directed by Michel Gondry, this film is a vision of fantastical normalcy. A true original of his craft, Gondry's manipulation of mise en scène which translates from French to be "putting on stage" is beautifully constructed with randomness well accomplished.

This particular movie struck my fancy to write about because recently I've been studying my dreams in an attempt to better understand myself. There are so many things hidden within our subconscious that go ignored, just to be left building inside us. I don't want to keep anything hidden in my dreams. It's actually helped me discover a lot of things that hold particular plagues and has helped eradicate them through expression. Yes, very vague, I know. I guess you wouldn't know unless you try it.

This movie is definitely worth watching to those of you who don't require blood, guts or explicit sex to carry on interest...even though that's fun sometimes. =}

2 comments:

Dino said...

Funny trailer,

"Stephan meet Stephanie"..."she has no boyfriend"

*Stephan looks uneasy and does little thing with fingers*

Brandon said...

I had a dream recently.

If only it had been a reality...